Enabling you to succeed
Five steps all businesses should take to guard against cyber attacks
AS CYBER ATTACKS become more common, it is vital that businesses of all sizes take steps to ensure their data is secure.
Here are five steps developed by the National Institute of Standards and Technology to help you do so:
- Identify: Conduct an inventory of your most valuable assets – the "crown jewels" of greatest importance to your business and of most value to criminals – such as employee, customer and payment data.
- Protect: Assess what protective measures you need in place – such as keeping your software up to date or by following these tips – to defend the organization as much as possible against a cyber incident.
- Detect: Have systems set up that would alert you if an incident occurs, including the ability for employees to report problems.
- Respond: Make and practice an incidence response plan to contain an attack and maintain business operations in the short term.
- Recover: Know what to do to return to normal business operations after an incident or breach, including assessing any legal obligations.
Consult the books below to understand strategies you can use to counter cyber security.
© 2000 - 2019 LifeTime Creations. All Rights Reserved